3D Printing - "It's all about design and quality output. Not how fast the printer can run."
A little project at the request of my spouse. She was admiring my 3D printed holders for my wax carving tools and files. However, the holes were too small for the things she wanted to hold. I was tasked with creating holders with larger holes.
The first one was using three holes with a hole design diameter of 12mm. I “project named” it the TriHolder. A square sided cube wouldn’t be aesthetic so I created some curves on two sides. They widen the base and make it look a bit better.
This print is for my daughter. I made the green Yoda for her twin brother, so I needed to balance my generosity! Ha! Vause is the fancy word for a cheap plastic vase...
It’s another design I gathered from Thingiverse. This one is in the form of an SCAD file. That is a CAD drawing program that has parameters which can be changed or altered to create variations of a design.
This is not an original creation of my own. My adult (45ish) son is a Star Wars fanattic. So I thought I should make him a Yoda to add to his collection.
I picked this one out on Thingiverse for no particular reason. It is call pot à crayons / pen holder starwars Yoda by TiZYX. (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2225855) Go get the files if you are interested.
I printed one in orange at about 50% to see what it was like and to save time and materials. It was the color already in my printer. I decided it didn't need all the automatic supports, so I eliminated about half of them on the green Yoda. The chin and ear tips are the most critical support areas.
I have a new 3D print original project. My wife has a makeup box setting on the very long built in sink counter in our bathroom. It is located between the two sinks built into the counter top. All one piece.
Splash water will sometimes accumulate around this box. It is made from pressed wood and has absorbed some of this water and bulged out a bit on the bottom edge. She asked me if I could make something to raise the box off the surface so the water on the counter top could not get to it.
Totally rebuilt the hot end of my Delta 3D printer. Replaced the threaded steel filament tube, the 5x10x120 mm aluminum heat block and the 0.04mm brass nozzle. This is not the first time except for the aluminum block. The threads in it were getting a bit worn and leaky.