3D Printing - "It's all about design and quality output. Not how fast the printer can run."
I wasn't sure if I should publish this here or in my KautzCraft jewelry blog. It's here because this part of the project is pure 3D printing. The casting I'll publish elsewhere.
I am not exactly thrilled with how these two prints "developed". The details are very small so I was concerned. I have the exposure too short as there seems to be what I call "blooming" in the tiny details. Under exposure creates "rubbery" layers that pull up and form fat blobby areas. I am going to tweak the tine settings and do another run. Unfortunately a "run" takes 6-7 hours.
I think I may have set the slicing at 50um on this run instead of 35um as I intended. This next run is definately 35um. I am still in the experimental mode until I get all the timings nailed.
The last two pictures is where I found the proper "nails". I laid the ring flatter on the plate which reduced the number of layers and the print time. I found the correct (longer) exposure values for the castable resin. A very light sanding touch will remove the layers in the last picture which are almost invisiable to the eye.